X10 Switch connected to Botanicalls power supply.

Home Forums Botanicalls Community X10 Switch connected to Botanicalls power supply.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    botanicalls0084
    Participant

I noticed my twitter plant does not say much (it’s http://www.twitter.com/botanicalls0084 ) and maybe this is due to the fact it is planted in seramis clay. (the botanicall sensors are in the soil part of the pot)

I decided in order to extend the life of my botanicalls kit and possibly save a little bit of energy, I’ve added an x10 switch to the power supply to turn power to the botanicalls unit off after sunset and turn the botanicalls unit back on at sunrise.

Am I correct in assuming that this would extend the life of the botanicalls unit? Does switching on / off on a daily basis mess up the plant’s software routine? (i.e. multiple “I can haz water?” postings?

botanicalls0084
    Participant

What I mean is: Can I switch of the botanicalls kit at night so that it does not twitter me awake on my mobile phone or will I miss status updates that way? (i.e. messages from the night get lost)

Rob Faludi
    Keymaster

Using the default code, you might miss some status updates. The system is set to ignore its startup state so if it is turned on out of the container it doesn’t immediately send an alert. That behavior can be changed in the code by you. We encourage you to tinker!

botanicalls0084
    Participant

Thanks! I’ll give it a try later this week.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New kits are here!

Categories

Pothos Plant Tweets

Flickr Feed

www.flickr.com
    More photos or video tagged with botanicalls on Flickr

Meta