IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT POWER SUPPLY

Home Forums Botanicalls Community IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT POWER SUPPLY

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rob Faludi
    Keymaster

The 6V DC power adapter included in the kit is rated for 120V, so it’s only appropriate for use in the US, Canada, or Japan. For all other countries, try something like Adafruit’s multiplug power adapter http://www.adafruit.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=79&sessid=ed088ab244b3d9d3cbe8fef9c75c9b82. Or you can use a transformer.

botanicalls0084
    Participant

This was a bit disappointing to find out….

Why not add a multi-voltage power supply to the kit and make everybody happy? If this is too expensive, leave the power supply out of the kit, charge less for kit, postage and packaging and save the environment whilst you’re at it….

Right now, I had to get a new transformer (15 EUR) and had to throw away the 110V adapter. This is more waste than my ficus will be able to ‘green’ in it’s entire life. :( Not very green…. I think this is unfortunate given the nature of the product….

Martijn Wismeijer

http://www.twitter.com/botanicalls0084

Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Rob Faludi
    Keymaster

Yes, the multi-voltage supplies are more expensive but we’re still looking into them for future versions. I don’t think people would be very happy to get kits without power supplies so it’s unlikely we’d go that route.

gyroplant
    Participant

But how did this affect the botanicall? Did it burn? Or did you exchange adapter first? any risk?

Rob Faludi
    Keymaster

The adapter in these kits should not be plugged in to 220 mains power. A different, 200 volt adapter should be used instead.

Rob Faludi
    Keymaster

This note is now obsolete. New versions of the Botanicalls kit come with a switching power supply that can be used on both 110 and 220 V AC mains power.

plantophile
    Participant

So is there a new version of the kit? Or was this post used just to close an old topic?

Are there any plans for a new version/design?

Rob Faludi
    Keymaster

The only update to the current kits is the power supplies.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New kits are here!

Categories

Pothos Plant Tweets

Flickr Feed

www.flickr.com
    More photos or video tagged with botanicalls on Flickr

Meta