Garbage being communicated

Home Forums Botanicalls Community Garbage being communicated

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ddavis
    Participant

I am having trouble getting my leaf botanicals kit to communicate. The red light flashes 4 times when pressing the test button. Every couple of seconds the green light flashes but often the red light just stays dark. I purchased the spark fun ftdi cable and have connected it so that black is on gnd and the three pin connector is connected to vin and the center pin. When the arduino program is running I watch the communications via the program and nothing but garbage is being displayed.

Any ideas in troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated.

Rob Faludi
    Keymaster

Four blinks mean you may not be getting an IP address via DHCP. We tried to reset the module but it timed out. (http://www.botanicalls.com/forums/topic.php?id=16).

If you are seeing “garbage” in the serial monitor it could be that you are looking at the wrong baud rate. First thing to check is to confirm that your serial monitor is running at 9600 baud.

Ddavis
    Participant

I am at 9600 baud and I tried to reset several times I also tried to retouch the solder joints (I removed and reseated the board and the chip as well).

Rob Faludi
    Keymaster

Could also be the cable. Remember the four blinks mean you’re not getting DHCP (most likely) so that could be a separate issue. It does tend to indicate that the chip is running normally, since the four blinks are being generated by the program.

Ddavis
    Participant

You were correct. I tried a different port on my router and now it is working fine. Thanks so much for pointing out that the program must be working because I am too new to this to have come to the conclusion myself. Next I will try to get the cable to work so I can change the program. Thanks again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New kits are here!

Categories

Pothos Plant Tweets

Flickr Feed

www.flickr.com
    More photos or video tagged with botanicalls on Flickr

Meta